Genuine, sweet, humble that’s how I will define my next model of the month. When Passion and work go together, its hardly work at all. Jessica is a passionate makeup artist and it’s hardly a job at all because she enjoys it. At a young age she has always known makeup was where her heart belonged. Being apart of a successful cosmetic company, it allows her to bring joy and confidence to her clients. It is very rewarding to give a clients vision life. An Arizona native, mother of a handsome 6 year old little boy named Cash, and freelance artist for weddings, photo shoots and lessons, Jessica uses all 24 hours given in a day to enjoy what she loves. She loves to travel, especially on an airplane. She gets inspired everyday. Embraces change and new adventures because one of her motto is… ” if it makes you uncomfortable, you are learning…and you can never stop learning.” You are unable to grow if you can’t accept change easy,as well as staying positive!
Exerting positive energy brings positive into your life. Makeup for Jessica, has always been an positive and that is why she knew this had to become her life and passion and she had to share it with whomever she can. Cash is a big part of motivating her and she always thinks of how she can make her son proud, She hopes to inspire Cash to follow his dreams, take life by the horns and experience life as much as he can.
Here’s presenting to you our Model of the Month Jessica Nicole Leon
Harpreet: As a makeup artist, my biggest piece of advice would be to take care of your skin:
Jessica: Wash your face am/pm, wear sunscreen everyday and reapply effectively and exfoliate with a gentle formula once a day or treat yourself to a mask 2x a week. Makeup is an accessory it shouldn’t be what you hide under.
Her Top Five Products:
My Top 5 beauty must- haves… This has to be the hardest question to answer. I’ve tried many great products and brands over the course of 10 + years.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple face cleanser– I use this for a multipurpose product. It cleanses, removes makeup and tones my skin. I also use it to cleanse my makeup tools because it removes the makeup gently and my brushes smell and feel amazing afterwards. After attending a training and touring Philosophy offices, I learned another way to use this cleanser. Using it to shave my legs and arms makes it super close and clean shave, skin is left soft and smooth.
- Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation Spf 15– Its a medium to full coverage and wears amazingly through the day. The foundation gives a natural semi-matte finish and never feels like makeup on my skin. Bonus-it has sunscreen!
- Bronzer is one of my can’t go anywhere without products. I’ve tried many and like a lot for different reasons. Absolute favorite bronzers are from Nars Cosmetics. “Laguna” is there golden tan shade, can work with most skin tones. It gives just a subtle bronze glow without looking ruddy. “Casino” is probably one I use more because i love the contoured look. It is cooler toned but has such beautiful depth to it.
- Sephora Pro Brushes. Tools are very important to creating and achieving a certain type of look. My favorite brush is #75, its considered a contouring brush but I love to use it with liquid or powder foundations. It applies smoothly and helps minimize the look of pores when pressed into the skin. Pro Brush #55 is a best seller and definitely no doubt about why it is a best seller. It applies liquids and powders so softly for a more natural look. Bristles are so soft like a teddy bear and stay that way even after years of use! I know because i’ve had mine for 4 years!
- BB creams– For me anything that can cut time in the day is heaven sent! There are so many different formulas and every woman/mens skin is different. For myself, Smashbox BB Cream Spf 35, works for me because I have combination skin, Oily in my t-zone and normal on my cheeks. I break-out occastionally. This BB cream works as a mutil product with skincare benefits but the coverage of a makeup. It controls oil, protects with spf 35, primes for long wear, perfects with a buildable coverage and keeps skin balanced and hydrated. BB can stand for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm depending on company and ingredients with benefits. I like it because I apply it with my fingers and set with a light poweder and add a little bronzer. DONE! That’s what I call my “Mom” makeup. quick and to the point to move on with the day.
All these products I used are from Sephora.com
- Leather Jacket with a hood- Forever 21
- Jean button down- Target
- Leather sprayed taupe Jeans- Zara
- Lace up heels- Charlotte Russe
- Rose Gold watch- Fossil
- Chevron makeup back used as a clutch- Sephora VIB gift (dont know if you want to list it as just a makeup bag)