What is your go-to winter wear in AZ?
For me it is leggings and tights: with leggings or tights, I can dress up or down based on events, parties, or even running errands. You can mostly use all your summer dresses and skirts in winters by adding leggings or tights. I found these Ponte leggings at LOFT and would highly recommend it for winter weather. Its fabric is thick and it gives you slim look. I find myself wearing it mostly with all my winter staples for AZ.
How to choose leggings between tights?
Do not confuse leggings with tights.
Leggings vs. tights: Tights are thinner fabric. If you are going to wear tights, wear with a pencil skirt, dresses or shorts. If you are wearing it with a dress, then the dress must be longer than tunic length–this means it hits above the knee or longer. You should not wear tights if you are wearing a tunic; wearing sheer tights with tunics or shirts exposes little more than you may like.
Leggings are more of a thicker fabric and the pair well with tunics/long shirts; shirts or “dresses” that hit mid-thigh or shorter length. Do not wear leggings if you have on a knee-length skirt or dress. That’s too much and it’ll look like you were trying to bundle up.
- Go for basic colors like black, blue, navy. It is easy to add layers on top with basic colors. Layer an over sized blouse and leather jacket to give your outfit a good proportion.
- Clingy tops are not flattering at all.
- Pair with tall boots; if there’s one shoe worth investing for fall; it’s a great pair of boots. It will make your entire ensemble more polished, put together. The key to buying a good pair of boots is to find out your comfort boot height from knee to ankle. If you like to wear skirts in fall then knee-high boot is worth as it will supplement your summer wardrobe. If you are like wearing jeans a lot, ankle boot will suffice. Look for classic styles which will last you through many fall seasons. Clarks are having Semi-Annual sale. 40%off at Clarks
- Prints; if you are going for a fun print which is hot this season make sure your back side is covered because prints can visibly expand your curves. Pair it with a chambray Shirt. Go for muted tones on top with wild prints.
- Dress up your leggings with a studded button down shirt.